2019-07-21 Build (preview-66)
Hello hive friends!
50 years and a few hours ago, a pair of humans stomped around on our natural satellite for the first time. To celebrate, today's update includes new art for the ninja fruit flies event that features the moon in the background (painted with a level of attention to detail and real-life accuracy to match the rest of the game).
There are a few other misc updates and fixes, but nothing particularly noteworthly. The past few days have mostly been spent considering refactoring efforts to better enable content development moving forward (such as separating foreground characters from backgrounds in vignette images to allow the same bees to sit in front of different cells, and loading all music at runtime to reduce the amount of handling/hardcoding when adding or updating tracks).
- Added new event art for ninja fruit flies
- Added info art for empty cells
- Added info event for upgraded workshops
- Added output when event/tutorial/vignette images can't be loaded
- Added possible workaround for Shift modifier triggering echo events on certain garbage platforms
- Fixed possible crash when loading a hive while in the middle of playing when a cell that previously had storage is replaced with a cell without storage
- Refactored info event handling code
- Refactored wax, honey, and jelly substitutions to be a part of event setup
- Activity indicators now use event-specific icon if one is available
- Shortened title of maproom info event
- Forced custom music to not loop
- Lowered defaut music volume
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.