2019-07-19 Build (preview-64)
Greetings, fellow normal everyday totally-not-a-robot bees! Let us together express our normal everyday appreciation for regular nectar, pollen and honey to reinforce our identities as mundane normal bees.
The big star of today's update is a new track from Peter (as well as an update to the initial "beeginnings" one). Here are some regular normal words from him about the thoughts behind it!
"The hive quickly starts looking like a very busy place, and there's lots happening on screen even when the player is supposed to be feeling calm. So this piece was written to emphasise the calm. The clockwork ticking of the marimba notes brings the suggestion of constant activity with it, but the piece is led by the much more serene piano chords. A hint of the same motif used in beeginnings (which has also received an update) can be heard occasionally throughout."
Today's update also revamps the population menu with a new style and slightly different way of presenting extra information. There are some new cool particle effect to indicate when Builders are progressing research at a Workshop. On top of that, there are a bunch of other small tweaks/fixes/optimisations.
- Added updated "beginnings" music track
- Added new "peace" music track
- Added particle effect for research
- Added background tint overlay to research and population menus
- Added role details to population menu
- Added role icons to population menu
- Added sounds to population menu
- Added fallback substitution for another_bee in events if population is less than 2
- Removed population overview from population menu
- emoved some extraneous prints
- Fixed missing commas in exit vignette list
- ixed researched items appearing as paused when re-opening the research menu
- Fixed jelly, nectar and honey storage materials from interrupting visibility of sprite particlesIncreased size of construction particles
- Increased quantity of construction particles
- Decreased CPU usage of non-storage cells
- Updated look and feel of population menu
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.