2019-07-13 Build (preview-55)
Today's update adds a bunch of UI tweaks that hopefully help make a few things readable that were previously... less readable.
The biggest addition is a transparent preview of construction options that appears in blue or red before building depending on whether there's enough space and resources available. This should help communicate the space required to build in ways that the cell indicators next to the cost indicators didn't seem to be doing.
Previously unseen research options and research options that have recently been completed now blink until you mouse over them. This makes it easier to remember what you've just researched and makes newly unlocked options more visible.
There's also a new debug dialog for triggering events. Previously, pressing E would reduce the event timer to zero and trigger the next queued event. Now, pressing E will bring up the event selection dialog, with the next queued event selected. This dialog allows specific events to be previewed and triggered. It's mostly to help me with debugging/testing new events and keeping track of which ones have images, but it will also help KestrelPi when testing event-specific music cues (if we put them in).
- Added event selector (shortcut E) Added pop effect to research category buttons
- Added blink effect to unviewed research options
- Added blink effect to newly completed, but unviewed research options
- Added transparent preview for construction options in radial menus
- Fixed event buttons responding to mouse up events when mouse button was held down before event was displayed
- Fixed radial menu buttons not responding to mouse events until a move event is triggered
- Fixed research costs being charged for resuming already started research
- Fixed case where resource particle effects' counts were being set to zero
- Increased default music volume
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.