2019-07-07 Build (preview-45)
Hark, what's that? It's the lovely sound of a Hive Time update!
Audio is finally here! Recently, I bought KestrelPi on board as a composer for Hive Time, and in preparation for getting some of his work into the game, I've made a start on adding UI sounds. Balancing these with music and making sure they don't clash will be a fun hurdle to cross when we get there, but for now, having the back end in is good, and as certain people keep reminding me, aural feedback is valuable to players.
Today's update also fixes an embarrassing crash caused by vignettes triggering on upgraded workshops (can you tell it's been a while since I last played a full game?).
- Added UI sounds for cell hover, radial menu open, radial menu close, research menu open, research menu close, menu item hover, menu item select, insufficient resources, bad build location
- Added setting for UI volume
- Fixed crash caused by upgraded workshop vignette triggering
- Fixed construction menu closing when selecting a build option with space requirements not met
- Fixed radial menu items receiving mouse over events while expanding
- Fixed vignette/event/tutorial text being reset to placeholder when resizing the game window (upstream bug #24173 )
- Fixed typo in default worker upgrade research title
- Updated cell research options to require a workshop upgrade to be constructed before additional items become available
- Updated cell upgrade research options to position workshop upgrade in the centre
- Refactored cell upgrade related special casing to be more generic
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.