2019-05-16 Build (preview-11)
Hey hive friends!
Today's update brings a bunch of bugfixes and a few bits of new visual feedback into the game. Role capacities are now displayed on the population HUD (you can toggle the population HUD by clicking in the top right corner of the screen if it's getting in the way), and resources in storage cells now raise and lower depending on current stock levels.
I've also added a fade out effect as bees leave the hive. This may incur a performance cost - if anybody sees a drop in performance with this build, I'd be keen to hear!
The possible bug with construction completing on its own turned out to be bees returning to the hive without returning to their full size. I spotted some mini bees this evening careening around, building, working refineries, etc.. Cheeky nanobees.
- Added role population capacities to population HUD
- Added some new names
- Added conditions to each role swap event to require a relevant role building to be present
- Added fog/fade out for bees leaving the hive (may have a performance impact?)
- Added cheat (K) for lowering resource limits
- Fixed a typo in the "Drink responsibly" event
- Fixed a typo in the "A flower by any other name" vignette
- Fixed a typo in the "Not as fancy as it sounds" vignette
- Fixed bees killed by events freezing/not being disappearing
- Fixed new Queens not keeping their name when starting a new hive
- Fixed left event button sometimes moving down
- Fixed effects having zero duration after their first occurrence
- Fixed resource levels not being adjusted when resource limits go below current stock levels
- Fixed cells receiving mouse over events during events/vignettes/tutorials
- Fixed build grid sometimes getting stuck in "popped out" state
- Fixed vignettes from being shown if an event fires before the mouse button is released
- Raised the rate that Beesitters increase bee spawn rates by
- Reduced forced perspective scale for bees leaving the hive
- Replaced pause/play icons with inspect/build icons
- Storage cells now visibly represent hive-wide stock levels
- Updated pollen storage model
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.