v1.2-43 changelog & 50,000 downloads!
Greetings, fellow bee friends!
As of yesterday afternoon, Hive Time has been downloaded over 50,000 times. That's far more than I ever expected or planned for!
Thanks to everybody who played Hive Time, and an extra big thanks to my collaborators who contributed directly to the game - Peter, Miriam, and Aubrey, your work is amazing, and I am proud to have it in our little bee game. Thanks also to those who took the time to play unreleased versions of the game - without your time and attention, it wouldn't be the game it is.
Today's patch includes a couple of minor tweaks/fixes following the big v1.2-41 patch from last week.
The initial Yam Party event won't appear until you have a Map Room (which will allow you to see the newly pollinated zones - it's a little confusing when you don't!), Defenders will die less frequently when protecting bees foraging in dangerous zones, certain tutorials will behave more nicely when resetting tutorials via the Beepedia, and the game won't crash when a chat user without an allocated bee speaks when Chat Bees is set to Always and the game is in a paused state. Nice.
- Added a new film substitution (suggested by joshthenesnerd)
- Added some safety checks when manually deploying defenders
- Removed some extraneous logging
- Added maproom requirement to first yam party event
- Added variation to exit tutorial to handle when an exit already exists
- Added option to hide the ban button when calling Bee::say()
- Added q dev command to have the Queen say a message with an animation
- Updated already completed vairant for research tutorial to not overlap tutorial icon anymore
- Updated already completed vairant for research tutorial to include mention of the three bees per cell rule a second time
- Updated already completed variant for jelly production tutorial
- Updated dangerous foraging zones processing to only kill defenders half the time
- Fixed deploy defenders button not playing a sound when pressed
- Fixed possible crash when attempting to spawn a chat bee while at population limit when the game is paused
- Fixed skip_date_events setting tooltip referring to old setting names
- Fixed tutorials ignoring conditionals when shown via tutorial reset
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.