Greetings, fellow bee friends!
Today's update addresses the glaring omission of tooltips for settings in the main menu!
When starting a new game, or visiting any of the settings screen, hovering over an item will now reveal a description of that item. The look and feel of tooltips throughout the game have also been updated.
Another item of note is the addition of a much requested master volume slider. If you're streaming and want to tweak Hive Time's noisiness without fiddling with a bunch of sliders, or if you need to quickly quieten the game for a phone call, that's a lot simpler now.
Last but not least, I wanted to make a quick note that Hive Time is now included in the Itch Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality, which has so far raised over $4 million dollars. Along with 1,500+ other games and 1,000+ creators, we are supporting the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund for the next 5 days. Please consider checking it out <3
- Added tooltips to settings menus
- Added tooltips to new game menu
- Added tooltips to HUD values
- Added master volume to audio settings menu
- Added some new supporter names to credits.json
- Added placeholder gameNode when testing main menu independently
- Updated phrasing of 'So hot right now' vignette
- Updated in-game tooltip theme
- Updated skip_research tooltip
- Refactored settings definitions
- Fixed main menu scrollbars not scrolling to bottom
- Fixed workshop tutorial and research tutorial showing vertical scrollbars
- Fixed tooltips not displaying in menu (working around upstream #29362)
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.