Greetings, bee friends!
Today's update has new event images for the "Step right up" event and the "They do look pretty cool" event, with the latter's Defender bee being drawn by Mim.
There are also a number of binding changes. With Binder handling input configuration, and Godot's InputMap, I figured that now might be a good time to experiment with having multiple bindings for camera panning. Unfortunately, there's a problem where an event that uses a modifier (say, Ctrl+S for save) will return true when checking for a binding without the modifier (say, S for pan down).
If this is a bug in Godot, that's going to be tricky for me to sort out before release. If it's a bug in Binder, then that likely points towards problems (whether that's a bug or just documentation leading me down the wrong path, I'm not sure) with how InputMap actions for keystrokes are stored when generated programmatically at runtime.
I'll be looking more deeply into this after release, but for now, the default binding for quick save has been moved to F5 and the default binding for quick load has been moved to F9.
- Added event image and activity icon for 'Step right up' event
- Updated event image and activity icon for 'They do look pretty cool' event
- Added activity icon for 'After all these years' event
- Added activity icon for 'The hive has fallen' event
- Added several new activity, TV show, and film substitutions
- Added button theming to Binder
- Added WASD, ,AOE, and ZQSD default bindings for camera panning
- Removed a bunch of unused code
- Optimised pan scale multiplier to only be calculated when changing zoom
- Updated 'After all these years' event image
- Updated wording of 'Step right up' event
- Updated capitalisation of bee roles in events
- Updated bolding in 'First, build and exit' and 'Work, work work' tutorials
- Updated keyboard panning to use scale multiplier
- Updated quick save to clear existing quick save activity notifications before adding a new one
- Updated default quick save binding to F5
- Updated default quick load binding to F9
- Fixed cases where more than three foraging bees could leave the hive through one exit
- Fixed event selector appearing on shortcut (E) press and release
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.