Buzz buzz buzz buzz!
Today's update has a whole stack of stuff!
Six new hats are available to give to special bees (three for Workers, three for Defenders). These only have cosmetic value, but they're fun and that's nice. If you'd like to watch me make them, I managed to catch it on stream. Special bees will now also pick an initial hat at random.
One awkward side effect of this is that changes have meant that any saved bees from the past week will be loaded without hats. I've decided to overlook this since it's primarily a cosmetic thing, and since a full population cycle (ignoring special bees whose hats you can change manually anyway) takes about 90 seconds, it's not an issue for long.
Peter's passed me a new music track that is the new default event track, freeing up "Working Well" to be used for overtly positive events. This should help expand the tonal range of events a bunch, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the game as a whole feels with this change.
There are also a bunch of new/previously missing building info screens that are in now, which means that every cell in the game should have a working info screen. Yay!
In addition to all that, there are a whole bunch of bugfixes as well. Exciting times!
- Added a new bee name
- Added generic neutral event music track
- Added slugmonkA to dead not-last queen event
- Added activity notification when beesitter population reaches zero
- Added activity notification when beesitter population starts to decline (needs tuning, probably isn't as sensitive as it needs to be)
- Added new traffic cone, party hat, and sunglasses hats for special workers
- Added new bobby hat, aviators, and bearskin hats for special defenders
- Added random chance for any role-specific hat to special bees
- Added random chance for any trail effect to special bees
- Added building info screen for upgraded nurseries
- Added building info screen for upgraded barracks
- Added building info screen for wax assembler
- Added building info screen for honey refinery
- Added building info screen for jelly refinery
- Updated building info screen title for jelly refinery
- Updated upgraded workshop info screen to use normal workshop background for now
- Updated bee bumble behaviour to prevent bees from stopping on the throne tile
- Updated research screen to always show unlocked research options regardless of whether research conditions have been met
- Refactored hat handling (will cause bees in saves made between preview-155 and preview-163 to have no hats)
- Fixed default hat not being set properly when loading save games
- Fixed upgraded barracks intermittently only covering base barracks range
- Fixed upgraded production facilities not playing animations
- Fixed cells under the mouse cursor getting pop-in events when selecting a category in a radial menu
- Fixed role lock states not being reset when spawning a new queen into a new hive or when loading a saved game
- Fixed role lock buttons remaining enabled when spawning a new queen into a new hive
- Fixed build allocation indicator in radial menus not being updated when construction finishes
- Fixed upgraded production not receiving pause/resume state changes
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.