2019-11-10 (preview-156 & preview-157)
Today's update brings in what is (unless I come up with some high impact/low scope stuff before release) the last gameplay feature I'll be adding. Cells that are disconnected from the hive (that is, cells that don't have a direct or indirect connection to the throne) will now decay over time and eventually be destroyed.
This means that when Old Bitey punches the hive around a bit and separates your big bank of nurseries from the rest of the hive, you'll need to scramble to reconnect them before they disappear. Bees will still continue to use decaying cells, so you'll still be able to eke the benefit of Defender patrols or Builder research time if you aren't able to or choose to not reconnect separated hive chunks.
This stuff is still pretty rough/untested, and the game will slow down/go a bit weird when a lot of cells are being destroyed at once. Apologies in advance for any crashes that I haven't yet identified! I'll give it a bit more attention tomorrow, but for now, I'm super glad to mark this one off my todo list! :D
- Added tracking of whether cells are connected to the throne or not
- Added destruction timeout to disconnected cells
- Added decay effect to disconnected cells
- Optimised cell tick processing slightly
- Optimised cell input processing slightly
- Fixed crash when loading pre preview-156 saves containing multicell constructions
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.