Comparatively small update today that reworks some of the Defender deployment behaviour.
Instead of using a slider to set the amount of Defenders you want to immediately deploy, the slider now sets the desired maximum number of deployed Defenders (or the deployment target), with new Defenders being automatically deployed until that number is reached. The deploy button now immediately deploys as many Defenders as possible up to the deployment target. It's still a little rough, but it's much more streamlined than what was in the last build, and should allow Defender deployment to require a lot less frequent manual fiddling.
I've also added a couple of starter flowers in the unexplored tiles closest to the hive. This should give players a chance to discover how pollinated zones behave before the pollination option becomes available (assuming that some exploring has been done prior to building an upgraded Map Room).
Peter's added a WIP pass on generic bad event music. At the moment, we're feeling like it might be a little too negative/overpowering, but we're popping it in to see how it feels in-game.
- Added WIP generic bad for all negatively framed events without existing music
- Added activity icon for defence related notifications
- Added activity notification for when deployed defenders reaches zero
- Added sounds to defence screen deploy slider
- Added deployment target value to foraging screen
- Added guaranteed flowers adjacent to initial selected foraging zones
- Updated defender AI to automatically deploy upon spawn if deployed defenders is beloy deployment target
- Updated defence screen deploy slider to control deployment target value
- Updated defence screen deploy button to instantly deploy up to deployment target
- Updated height of activity text area to fit longer information when resource/bee counts aren't present
- Fixed defenders outside the hive never dying of old age (sorry, bee friends)
- Fixed old queen death event firing immediately after 'After all these years' event
- Yet another attempted fix for pop during music transitions
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.