Hello hive friends!
Unfortunately, it's been another difficult week for time/energy/motivation, but today's update includes a bunch of fun changes.
First up, there's a fix for the crash that was occurring when attempting to spawn a queen after the cooldown expires, which was also seen in Friday's dev stream.
I've also done a bunch of refactoring of how events, event conditions, and what-happens-when-event-conditions-aren't-met are handled. All variants of a single event are now included as part of a single event definition rather than being separate events to themselves, which reverts the dramatically lowered event frequency that came in in preview-90. This also opens up a nice way of doing timed events with different outcomes in the future. I've also added a check so that if several event windows were skipped because conditions weren't met, the game will go and find an event that can be triggered and show that, putting an upper limit on the amount of time between events.
There's also an updated version of the music for the Ticket to Ride event. Peter's been working hard on progressing this piece toward a more authentic Beatles style, and we're keen to get feedback from players on how this new version feels.
- Added updated music for 'Ticket to Ride' event
- Added suffix to activity indicator resource values when resource gains are truncated due to full storage
- Added suffix to activity indicator resource values when resource exchanges can't be made due to the source resource being too low
- Added 'Wasp Attack' and 'Like the tiny, deadly wind' event conditions to better handle cases where there are no defenders
- Added ± sign to activity indicators when values are 0
- Added debug shortcut (Shift+E) to set nextEventTime to 0
- Refactored event condition handling to handle multiple conditions
- Updated order of fields in debug event selector dialog
- Updated 'Wasp Attack' event definitions to use condition variants
- Updated 'Like the tiny, deadly wind' and 'Like the tiny, ineffectual wind' event definitions to use condition variants
- Updated special event queuing to allow a normal event to fire if two or more event windows have been skipped due to conditions not being met
- Updated event queuing to force an event to occur if three or more event windows have been skipped due to conditions not being met
- Fixed population HUD indicators for Beesitter, Builder, Forager, and Defender populations not being red when at zero
- Fixed resource exchanges resulting in weird values
- Fixed crash when displaying radial menu with cooldown values after a cooldown has finished
Get Hive Time
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.