Hello again, friends! Contrary to last post, I ended up making a few more tweaks before moving back onto Hive Time. After streaming the game a bit earlier today and chatting with a few players last night, I felt motivated to to address a couple of issues.
Notably, scoring is now weighted less towards pollen than it previously was, meaning that focusing on survival over pollen is hopefully a more valid strategy than it previously was.
I've adjusted volume levels to make pollen sounds a bit less piercing, and the music less overbearing. I've also updated the flower pop sound and added a sound that plays when a new bee is awarded.
The bee hitbox is a little smaller now, making clipping hexagons with your backside a little less fatal and tight horizontal gaps a little more accessible.
Last, but not least, I added a note to the source about the hacky workaround for Camera::project_position()'s behaviour. This morning, my pull request to improve project_position()'s behaviour was merged, and should be in future versions of Godot. In addition to a fun little game and some source code to learn from, this project has resulted in engine improvements that will hopefully benefit even more people ^_^
Thanks for coming on this ride with me. It's been a blast!
- Reduced point value of pollen
- Increased point value of time
- Updated credits formatting
- Reduced bee hitbox size to make certain types of close calls less likely to be fatal
- Increased range of pollen pitch sounds
- Fixed bad pollen pitch values being used
- Added note about future API changes to project_position()
- Fixed licence typo in README.md
- Adjusted volumes
- Added new bee sound
- Replaced flower pop sound
- Reduced music volume
- Reduced pollen collection volume
Get Honeycomb CRUNCH
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.