Memories of Myst (Myst Jam 2016)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Memories of Myst is a re-imagining of moments and scenes from Cyan's 1993 title Myst, created in the in-development first person/text adventure hybrid engine Icicle.
To play, select New Game from the main menu and after the introduction sequence ends, use the mouse or cursor keys to look around and read the text descriptions of the environment and objects around you.
When an action icon appears, this indicates that an object may be picked up or otherwise interacted with by pressing return or the clicking the left mouse button.
Thanks again, and enjoy!
- Cheese and Caroline
P.S. If you're interested in this game's development, there's a post that covers that. as well as some musings on inspiration and homage here.
P.P.S. If you run Linux or Mac OS and have an Oculus Rift, you can try out the engine's "experimental" HMD support. The game is technically playable with the DK1, though its low resolution makes text harder to read. To get started, follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl+G to let go of the mouse
- Move the game's window onto the Rift's screen
- Press Ctrl+G again to re-capture mouse input
- Switch to fullscreen mode
- Press H to enable stereoscopic rendering
- Press Ctrl+H to enable head tracking
- Press H enable steroscopic rendering