Hidden Star (LOWREZJAM 2016)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Hidden Star (working title) is a 64x64px space exploration/trading/combat game inspired in part by the Elite, Privateer and Star Control franchises, created in collaboration with Nemoder.
We're still heavily under development, but are happy to share snapshot builds of the game and our planet generator tests.
Dev blog posts with concept art and WIP images can be found here:
Dev Snapshot & End-of-Jam Builds
- Linux users: Extract the archive and run hidden_star.sh
- Mac users: Extract the archive and double click on hidden_star.command
- Windows users: Extract the archive and run hiddenstar.exe
Use the mouse or cursor keys and enter to navigate the starmap and communicate do combat with alien races.
A list of notable changes is included in the readme.md file.
- F12: Save screenshot
As an alternative, we also have a web based planet generator.
- Linux users: Extract the archive and run planet_gen.sh
- Mac users: Extract the archive and double click on planet_gen.command
- Windows users: Extract the archive and run planet_gen.exe
Click or press Enter to generate a new randomised planet.
- Q: Cycle surface layer.
- W: Cycle continent layer.
- E: Cycle polar cap layer.
- R: Cycle cloud layer.
- T: Cycle light position.
- Z: Print current planet parameters.
- F2: Decrease window size.
- F3: Increase window size.
- Space: Cycle planet size.
- 1 through 4: Display default planet configuration.
- Escape: Quit
Source code for Hidden Star can be found at https://gitlab.com/Cheeseness/hidden-star
The game can be built using cmake. There are no guarantees that it'll be working/functional at any time :D